David Lindo is The Urban Birder — wildlife & birding expert, broadcaster, writer, speaker and tour leader. He has been labelled the 7th most influential person in the British Wildlife Power List by BBC Wildlife Magazine.
Previously Head of Membership at the British Trust for Ornithology, David is the author of countless articles on urban birds and writes for many websites, publications and magazines including Birds, the membership publication for Britain's largest conservation organisation, the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. He also has a popular monthly urban birding column in Bird Watching Magazine, Britain's best selling birding publication and has written features for the award winning BBC Wildlife Magazine, Countryfile Magazine, Observer and Guardian.
David is a regular face on TV and in 2015 he fronted a campaign to find Britain's National Bird. He has taken part in the BBC's Summer of Wildlife season, as presenter of the regional wildlife series Urban Jungle for BBC1 London, North West & Midlands and as a contributor on Britain's Big Wildlife Revival. He has been featured on numerous other shows in the UK including Springwatch, Autumnwatch, Countryfile, Country Tracks and The One Show for BBC1; Sunday Brunch for Channel 4; Countrywise, Daybreak and The Alan Titchmarsh Show for ITV, as well as programmes for international TV networks including CBS in the United States and German broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk (ARD). His radio work is equally extensive, ranging from regular slots on the prestigious BBC Radio 4 to many other stations all over the world. He is also a well respected public speaker.
David is a member of the British Guild of Travel Writers and a fellow of the International League of Conservation Writers. He is also a proud ambassador for Leica Birding and the London Wildlife Trust. David is the author of The Urban Birder, his successful first book published in August 2011 as well as Tales from Concrete Jungles: Urban Birding Around the World, published in 2015.
- Autumnwatch - BBC2
- Countryfile - BBC1
- Springwatch Unsprung - BBC2
- Sunday Brunch - Channel 4
- Britain's Big Wildlife Revival - BBC1
- Urban Jungle - BBC1
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show - ITV1
- Country Tracks - BBC1
- Welt der Tiere: Der Vogelmann von London - Bayerisches Fernsehen
- Newsround - BBC1
- Daybreak - ITV1
- Birds Britannia - BBC4
- Sunday Morning - CBS
- Countrywise - ITV1
- The One Show - BBC1
- Springwatch - BBC1/BBC2
- BBC Breakfast - BBC1
- Open Country - BBC Radio 4
- The Eddie Nestor Show - BBC Radio London
- The Breakfast Show - BBC Radio Sheffield
- The Breakfast Show with Penny Smith & Paul Ross - BBC Radio London
- The Mark Forrest Evening Show - BBC Local Radio
- The Jon and Anne Show - BBC Radio Newcastle
- Today - BBC Radio 4
- The Phil Gayle Show - BBC London 94.9
- The Howard Bentham Show - BBC Hereford & Worcester
- The Nicky Campbell Breakfast Show - BBC Radio 5 Live
- Tessa Dunlop's Friday Night Talk Show - BBC London 94.9