From Watchdog to the World Cup, from Strictly to the Olympics, Chris Hollins is recognised as one of television's most popular sports and factual entertainment presenters.
Chris is a main presenter for BT Sport, having recently hosted live coverage of the Singha Premiership Rugby 7s Series and the FIH Hockey Champions Trophy and previously hosted Rugby Union, SportsHUB, Moto GP and Boxing Tonight. Chris is also a regular host of BBC Radio Berkshire and has previously presented BBC1's Watchdog and Secret Britain.
Chris was the main sports reporter on BBC Breakfast from October 2005 to March 2012, on air Monday to Thursday mornings as well as a regular co-host of the show. In Summer 2012 he was back on the breakfast sofa co-hosting Olympic Breakfast for BBC1 during the London 2012 Olympic Games. Prior to Breakfast, Chris was sports presenter for BBC News 24 and also reported for Grandstand and Football Focus. He began his career at Sky Sports in 1994, followed by spells at Channel One, GMTV, Meridian and Channel 5.
Amongst his other presenting credits for BBC1 are The One Show, Food Inspectors, Real Rescues, Cash in the Attic, Dirty Tricks of the Tradesmen and The Great British Weather. He has hosted history series Find My Past for Yesterday and BBC2's arts series Show Me The Monet. Chris is also the winner of Strictly Come Dancing 2009; the only contestant to never be in the dance-off and he took part in the Strictly tour in 2010.
Chris was part of the BBC team covering The Royal Wedding and he also participated in Celebrity Antiques Road Trip for BBC Children In Need. Chris was also on the BBC's presentation team covering several of The Diamond Jubilee events, live for BBC1 in June 2012. In March 2014, Chris and his pet dog Winnie took part in Sport Relief's Top Dog for BBC2.
A talented sportsman, Chris played football for QPR and Aldershot. (His father is John Hollins MBE, the former Chelsea, Arsenal, QPR and England footballer.) He also took part in Sky One's The Match, playing a full 90 minutes on the celebrity side.
After graduating from Tonbridge School in 1989, he attended the University of Durham and later Oxford University where he gained Blues in both cricket and football.
Chris has appeared in a cameo role in the feature film Run Fat Boy Run; an experience that he thoroughly enjoyed.
- BT Sport Score - BT Sport
- Singha Premiership Rugby 7s Series - BT Sport
- FIH Hockey Champions Trophy - BT Sport
- Secret Britain - BBC1
- The One Show - BBC1
- Watchdog - BBC1
- European Rugby Champions Cup - BT Sport
- Premiership Rugby Union - BT Sport
- Countdown - Channel 4
- The Superhumans Show - Channel 4
- Watchdog At 30 - BBC1
- Stargazing Live - BBC1
- Food Inspectors - BBC1
- Sunday Morning Live - BBC1
- SportsHUB - BT Sport
- Boxing Tonight - BT Sport
- Moto GP - BT Sport
- Holiday of My Lifetime with Len Goodman - BBC1
- Sport Relief's Top Dog - BBC2
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show - ITV
- Celebrity Fifteen to One - Channel 4
- Spring Kitchen with Tom Kerridge - BBC1
- The Lord Mayor's Show - BBC1
- Goodbye Television Centre - BBC4
- Find My Past - Yesterday
- Olympic Breakfast - BBC1
- Show Me The Monet - BBC2
- Real Rescues - BBC1
- Food Factory - BBC1
- The Diamond Jubilee Carriage Procession - BBC1
- The Diamond Jubilee Service of Thanksgiving - BBC1
- The Diamond Jubilee Thames Pageant - BBC1
- BBC Breakfast - BBC1
- Celebrity Antiques Road Trip - BBC2
- Dirty Tricks of the Tradesmen - BBC1
- The Great British Weather - BBC1
- Cash in the Attic - BBC1
- Cash in the Celebrity Attic - BBC2
- The Royal Wedding - BBC1
- Loose Women - ITV1
- The Vanessa Show - Channel 5
- Pointless Celebrities - BBC1
- Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two - BBC2
- Strictly Come Dancing - BBC1
- The Day the Olympics Come to Town - BBC1 (London)
- Ready, Steady, Cook - BBC2
- Celebrity MasterChef - BBC1
- The Match - Sky One
- Grandstand - BBC1
- Football Focus - BBC1
- BBC Sports Personality of the Year - BBC1
- BBC News 24
- BBC Radio Berkshire
- The Breakfast Show - BBC Radio London
- Run Fat Boy Run (cameo appearance)